Hope Yoder’s Laser Retreat 1.0 – September 13 – 16, 2023
Whether you are new to lasers or want to use your machine more, we can help. The retreat will teach you to use your machine successfully without wasting valuable time or materials – all while designing and creating projects you’re proud of! Learn more, make more!
Sept 13 – 16, 2023
The retreat is complete with finished projects designed to guide you through each technique and application in a small hands-on, in-person tranquil setting. Receive a color-printed workbook with each step outlined from Lightburn to the keypad on the lasers, along with detailed videos to keep learning in the comfort of your home. In addition to all the food, files, videos, and fun, you will receive access to an EXCLUSIVE Facebook group for attendees only.
Registration to our in-person, hands-on laser workshop is open to anyone who wants to MASTER their laser and…
- Owns a laser that uses a Rudia keypad controller (Mira, Thunder, OM Tech, Boss) and Lightburn software, or anyone who wants to try before they buy a laser. ***Unfortunately, the retreat isn’t for Glowforge owners, as the interface and software are incompatible with Rudia controllers.
- This course is designed for someone who owns a laser, has the laser mirrors aligned, and needs help navigating different materials, settings, and beginning steps for using Lightburn software.
- Needs help learning how to find settings for cutting, engraving, and scoring
- Has Lightburn on a laptop (no worries, there is a 30-day free Lightburn trial version that is fully functional)
- Wants to learn how to work with hand-written recipes for cutting boards using an iPad, Apple Pencil & Procreate (requires an iPad, Procreate, and an Apple pencil)
- Wants to learn how to use the PiBurn 4.0 classic to engrave tumblers
- Wants to learn to work with wood, acrylic, silicone (yes, we are making a watchband), cork, paint, stain, ink, and more
- Wants tips on learning how to start or scale your business through networking
- Need help with pricing and tips for better photos
The only thing you will need to bring is a laptop with Lightburn software, a pair of calipers and a willingness to learn. We will provide the rest, including the lasers. * If you own an iPad, Apple Pencil, and the app Procreate, bring that too, as we will be offering a short lesson on designing handwritten recipe boards (if you don’t own one, no worries).
*The retreat will not cover setting up your laser or aligning your mirrors. Please reach out to your manufacturing company for assistance.
- Limited seating for the small group hands-on setting
- Each attendee will have use of our lasers [MIRA 5 & MIRA 9]
- The retreat is held in Hope’s studio in Sarasota, FL located at 6341 Porter Road STE 12
- Attendees provide transportation and hotel stay
- We provide three lunches, snacks, kits, blanks, materials, printed workbooks, paints, stains, power tools, and supplies.
- Access to our exclusive Retreat Laser Facebook Group upon completion of the retreat
- Day 1, 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm
- Meet & Greet
- Lecture: How to start your business
- Lecture: Networking & marketing your business locally
- Lecture: Pricing your products
- Lecture: Business tips and tricks
- Day 2, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Project 1
- Projects 2
- Lightburn lessons
- Day 3, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Project 3
- Project 4
- Lightburn lessons
- Day 4, 10:00 am – 4:30 pm *plan to leave the next day as we run over sometimes and often make an impromptu group dinner date
- Project 5
- Project 6
- Lightburn lessons
Book your airfare for Sarasota, FL (Airport code: SRQ).
- ***Ameniti Bay, Bw Signature Collection (closest hotel to our studio – not within walking distance)
- ***Magnolia Pointe Hotel, Bw Signature Collection (closest hotel to our studio – not within walking distance)
- 5965 Brookhill Blvd, Sarasota, FL 34232
- (941) 500-4700
- Home 2 Suites I-75 Bee Ridge (Hilton)
- 6410 Mauna Loa Blvd, Sarasota, FL 34240
- (941) 330-0333
Do you want to start learning now? Join our Premier Laser Membership for a whole year and receive our flagship online networking course FREE. The PLM is an online laser community with over 100 deep-dive training videos: Click on the blue text to find out more details.
*Registration is non-refundable. Please make sure you can attend before registering. We will email you with more info and a schedule of events three weeks before the event.