Denise Lopez from Nuttall’s Sewing Centers shows Hope Yoder how to set up an all-over edge-to-edge quilting design on her new Bernina Q-matic. Denise Lopez is an expert when it comes to all things Bernina, especially longarm quilting using Bernina’s Q20 and Q24.
Q-matic is the robotics for Bernina’s longarm frames. It’s like having a giant embroidery hoop that makes beautifully perfect quilting designs.
Watch the video to see Denise’s 5-step system to create and quilt an edge-to-edge quilt pattern using Bernina Q-matic.
- Quilt first pass. When you are done, pull up the bobbin. Move sewhead 4” to release tension and then hold thread as you move sewhead back to where you started. Then do needle up and down again. Pull up the bobbin and trim threads.
- Advance the quilt. Check with pins in leader to make sure it’s square. See another video here on how to align the entire quilt.
- Move the sewhead to an easy to find intersect or point, not a curve.
- Go to the computer screen and zoom in close. Use Realign Safe Area Icon. Use either method and click the green check when done. Zoom out.
- Quilt the next pass. If it won’t go it’s because the design is outside of the safe area, zoom in and use nudge arrows to move the design into the safe area. Touch Play. If necessary move the design again. Press Play, then choose the option to start at the start point.
Sun N Soil Fabric used in the video found HERE